Saturday, April 17, 2010

Farewell Victoria.

Pardon the plethora of posts, but I feel the need to document my departure from Melbourne.

Tonight was spent, soaking in the sights, sounds, and tastes on Saint Kilda.
I made my way down to Luna Park to see what all the fuss is about. And guess what? I went on the roller coaster, the ghost train and the 3D Fun House!

It was like reliving the day of Royal Shows and Theme Parks as a kid back in my home country.


After nearly crashing into a group of startled Chinese tourists (I was quite dizzy you see), I  gracefully stumbled my way down the board walk.

It was like all the other parts of Melbourne. Lined with nick-knack shops and restaurants, with the occasional clothing or designer boutique.

It reminded me a lot of Fremantle. But personally I love Fremantle best.

Yes, yes I know. I sound like a die-hard Perthian. And that I am! Fremantle has a beautiful relaxed atmosphere. It's filled with a rich tradition of Marina History as well as Architectural Delights. My personal favorite is the High Street Penthouses.

Oh and did I mention the lovely Independent Designer shops?

So. The more I think about it, the more I grow to love my home state.

After all, Home is where the Heart is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors since April 2010